VP Capital prefers to invest in real estate in the Netherlands and Belgium. Our existing portfolio consists of sustainable office buildings, logistics and light industrial, supermarkets, healthcare real estate and social and affordable housing.
For new investment opportunities, the following criteria will be considered:
- Property should have sustainable aspects, including use of materials.
- Property should have at least energy label A or will get to this level through modifications.
- In the case of new construction: sustainable buildings (energy efficient, sustainable materials, no gas connection, 0 on the meter etc.), preferably BREEAM, WELL and/or other labels.
- Contribution to solutions for the key challenges in the domain
The real estate sector is a large contributor to the global GHG-emissions. Along with a decreasing affordability of urban real estate and an increase in material use, the sector faces many challenges.
The following key challenges have been defined by Sinzer:
- Reducing the climate impact of real estate
- Reduce the shortage of affordable housing
- Waste and linear thinking of the sector
- Keeping existing properties up to date
- Improve the health and well-being of residents
Read here more about the different challenges:
In the real estate sector, VP Capital's ambition is to invest in these sustainable solutions:
- Developers of real estate projects that put circular design and affordable housing into practice
- Companies that commit to the sustainable transformation of existing buildings
- Companies that focus on energy efficiency in their building strategies
- Technological start-ups in the real estate sector
We also have the ambition to make donations that contribute to the following solutions:
- NGOs addressing the challenges concerned with homelessness and housing possibilities in general
- Organisations engaging in city planning, seeking to provide the required social housing or other social endeavors
- Initiatives that promote a circular way of building and provide alternative opportunities for the use of materials in the end-phase of conventional linear building design
Read more about the donation we make in the Real estate domain via the button below:
VP Vastgoed Real Estate Report 2022
In 2022, we recorded our vision for real estate along with an overview of our real estate portfolio in a report. It is our intention to renew this report annually from now on.
View the VP Vastgoed Real Estate Report 2022 here (available in Dutch only).
Increasing real estate portfolio sustainability
At VP Capital, we are committed to sustainability and want to be a frontrunner in this field. We have all our real estate investments assessed by an independent third party each year, scoring each investment on ESG and Impact. Linked to this is the target that the portfolio must achieve an average score of 8 by 2023. We try to achieve this goal within the real estate domain in two ways:
- In the case of investments in real estate funds, we try to bring about sustainability improvements through dialogue with the fund management. We also proactively offer advice and support to initiate or extend sustainability improvements;
- In the case of direct investments in real estate, we take action to make the properties more sustainable.
In both cases, we have the ambition to set sharp sustainability targets, both for new construction and for existing buildings. We aim to set an example for other real estate investors and to inspire or influence them.
Sustainable progress within the real estate domain
With VP Capital, we want to contribute to sustainable progress. We screen our investment portfolio in terms of ESG and Impact. Read more about this in our Progress Report via the button below.
More information on VP Capital's investment portfolio within the Real Estate domain: