We have been building our Media investment portfolio since the fifties when we invested in a Dutch newspaper. We have (direct and indirect) investments in:
- Newspapers & Radio stations
- Media technology
- Media literacy
- Technical service for media facilities
- Digital media
We consider media an important investment domain as society, democracy and truth depend on a media landscape that is transparent, safe, fair and sustainable.
The following key challenges are defined by Sinzer:
- Counteracting the decline of accuracy and ethics
- Trust in the media
- Counteracting political influence through media
- Ecological challenges with regard to media footprint
Read more about the different challenges below:
In the agrifood secor, VP Capital's ambition is to invest in these sustainable solutions:
- Solutions for more transparency and reliable media
- Innovative technology that promotes constructive dialogue on media channels, e.g. automatic recognition of hate speech
- Organisations that manage their footprint responsibly
We also have the ambition to make donations that contribute to the following solutions:
- NGOs that act as watchdogs, improve regulatory capacity through lobbying
- Initiatives that improve journalist and consumer ability to verify information through literacy trainings
- Digital products for children, especially in disadvantaged communities, can kickstart media literacy in the public at an early age
Read more about the donation we make in the Media domain via the button below:
Domain report Media
For each of our investment domains, a more detailed report on key challenges, investable solutions and investment criteria has been made.
View the report of our Media investment domain here.
Sustainable progress within the media domain
With VP Capital, we want to contribute to sustainable progress. We screen our investment portfolio in terms of ESG and Impact. Read more about this in our Progress Report via the button below.