We have been building our Health investment portfolio since some years. We have (direct and indirect) investments in:
- Supply of medical equipment
- Development of medical devices
- Treatment development
- Distribution of medication
We consider Health as an important investment domain; a healthy planet and a healthy population go hand in hand. The healthcare system is under pressure to provide affordable access to all, in all countries all around the globe.
The following key challenges are defined by Sinzer:
- Costs and accessibility of healthcare and medicines
- Emphasis on prevention, diagnosis and early intervention
- Integrating digitalisation
- Negative health effects of climate change
- Improving (access to) mental health services
Read more about the different challenges below:
In the health sector, VP Capital's ambition is to invest in these sustainable solutions:
- Technological solutions for early prediction and prevention of diseases
- Improved nutrition, solutions for better access to care
- Algorithms and wearables for biomonitoring
- DNA sequencing
- Technologies that improve individual care, such as 3D printing for replicating body parts
We also have the ambition to make donations that contribute to the following solutions:
- Organisations that support countries to ensure quality of available medical products, by enhancing controllability of the supply chain, and diminishing substandard or falsified medical product use.
- Initiatives focusing on quality of the natural environment in order to support healthy lives.
- Initiatives that encourage healthy behaviour of individuals, e.g. create awareness of hazards related to lifestyle decisions.
- Providing low-income countries with better access to healthcare.
Read more about the donation we make in the Health domain via the button below:
Domain report Health
For each of our investment domains, a more detailed report on key challenges, investable solutions and investment criteria has been made.
View the report of our Health investment domain here.
Sustainable progress within the health domain
With VP Capital, we want to contribute to sustainable progress. We screen our investment portfolio in terms of ESG and Impact. Read more about this in our Progress Report via the button below.
Interested in a possible collaboration?
View our specific investment criteria and contact us if your project meets these requirements.