We have been building our Energy investment portfolio since some years. We have (direct and indirect) investments in:
- Solar energy, energy storage and electric charging stations
- Biomass energy production
- Development of smart heating solutions
- Smart Energy system solutions involving intelligent software and/or services, combined with hardware components
Transitioning the carbon intense energy system to a robust sustainable energy system is of crucial importance. At VP Capital, we will be building our investment portfolio towards solutions for the key challenges in this domain.
The following key challenges are defined by Sinzer:
- Providing renewable energy for all
- Reducing the fluctuating availabiity of renewable energy
- Developing a (digital) energy infrastructure
- Saving and reducing energy consumption
- Managing the downsides of energy production
Read more about the different challenges below:
In the energy sector, VP Capital's ambition is to invest in these sustainable solutions:
- Companies that supply renewable energy or alternatives to fossil fuels
- Solutions that facilitate the energy transition, e.g. clean batteries, smart grids
- Innovations that reduce energy consumption
- Solutions for reducing the footprint of renewable energy or circular business models
We also have the ambition to make donations that contribute to the following solutions:
- NGOs focussing on (renewable) energy access for disconnected communities, cooperating with local governments to enhance grid networks or providing more locally adapted solutions (e.g. solar panels)
- Organisations providing vital buildings and structures with more reliable energy access, such as medical facilities, schools and water cleansing facilities
- Initiatives that support the transition to renewable energies by phasing out the use of fossil fuel powered devices / vehicles
Read more about the donation we make in the Energy domain via the button below:
Domain report Energy
For each of our investment domains, a more detailed report on key challenges, investable solutions and investment criteria has been made.
View the report of our Energy investment domain here.
Sustainable progress within the energy domain
With VP Capital, we want to contribute to sustainable progress. We screen our investment portfolio in terms of ESG and Impact. Read more about this in our Progress Report via the button below.